Re: Unable to resolve hostname with RPi Draws

Use the program

sudo raspi-config

to set the hostname, and then reboot.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 10:15 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> I think I screwed up during installation of draws beta 6. At one point
> I was asked for a hostname. So I made one up and entered "bobspi". Now
> I am often getting
>
>   "sudo: unable to resolve host bobspi"

Usually get this symptom if you set the hostname then do not do a
reboot. See instructions here:
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Getting-Started
Note the "Now reboot your RPi" after you run ./app_config.sh core

What do you get when you run:

hostname

if you do not get 'bobspi' then reboot & type: hostname again.

> when I enter commands in the terminal.  I am not sure what problems
> this may be causing but I have been unsuccessful at getting gpsd to
> set my system time after a reboot and this host name problem may be
> the cause. I dont know.  Do I need to fix this?  How do I fix this?

as root run:
chronyc makestep

Then send me the output of:
cd