Re: FT891, FT817, Audio Levels, I/O Fail , and Documentation #draws #ft817 #hfmodes

There is a peculiarity in Yaesu's implementation for the SQ pin on the DIN-6 connector.  Bryan could provide more detail.

However, I think people will have more success by disconnecting the squelch line.   This is relatively easy to do at the plug end of the cable.

Remove the  pin (#6), using needle nose pliers and rocking it back and forth until it breaks off.  You may break the plastic 'key' in the process, and may have to straighten out any other pins you bumped in the process.  Just make sure you orient the cable properly when plugging it back into the FT-817.  This will also unmute the speaker.