Re: Setting up auto time with draws gps #ntp #chrony #gps #clock #battery

Steve Stroh

There is no GPS antenna built into the DRAWS board. That is by design as the DRAWS board is intended to be packaged (along with its host Raspberry Pi) into a metal case which would block an integrated antenna.

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 11:57 Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> When I plugged in the antenna,  all
> worked as I expected. Do I understand this correctly?

Yes that is correct. It is a requirement to have some antenna connected
to the gps device on the DRAWS HAT. I have used a number of USB gps and I'm
impressed how well the DRAWS gps works (11 satellites discovered) compared to
the others based on SiRF IV chips.

> Is there a way to
> receive gps satellites without the antenna?

Do not think so.

Steve Stroh (personal / general): stevestroh@...