DRAWS Codec Technical Documentation

Annaliese McDermond

I have just posted the following article to the UDRC/DRAWS Wiki:

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS™-Audio-CODEC-Analog-Routing%2C-Digital-Interfacing-and-Controls

This is a technical document outlining the audio codec on the DRAWS, the TI TLV320AIC3204 and how we use it on the DRAWS board. It’s not designed to be a “how-to” guide or something to hold someone’s hand on how to solve their problem, but rather a technical document on how the hardware and software is designed to support the low level audio interface. If people feel there are missing pieces, please let me know and we’ll see if I can address them. Again, though, this isn’t designed to be a “how to set up your DRAWS” but a conceptual document to help the more technical minded folks understand what they’re dealing with.

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems