Re: DRAWS Codec Technical Documentation

Bernard f6bvp

Hi,

With DRAWS I noticed that PBEACON sendto=0 is sending APRS beacon on left DIN6 (CHANNEL 0).

This is absolutely correct and in accordance with n7nix measure_deviate.sh deviation script that sends modulation wav through sox.

However when using UDRC II modem and the same direwolf configuration file, direwolf is sending beacon via HD15 plug.

If someone wants to send beacon via DIN6 when using UDRC II, PBEACON sendto=1 must be used.

Is UDRC II CHANNEL inversion the result of a hardware difference between UDRC II and DRAWS or a bug in UDRC II firmware ?

73 de Bernard, f6bvp

Le 31/12/2018 à 05:18, Annaliese McDermond a écrit :
I have just posted the following article to the UDRC/DRAWS Wiki:

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS™-Audio-CODEC-Analog-Routing%2C-Digital-Interfacing-and-Controls

This is a technical document outlining the audio codec on the DRAWS, the TI TLV320AIC3204 and how we use it on the DRAWS board. It’s not designed to be a “how-to” guide or something to hold someone’s hand on how to solve their problem, but rather a technical document on how the hardware and software is designed to support the low level audio interface. If people feel there are missing pieces, please let me know and we’ll see if I can address them. Again, though, this isn’t designed to be a “how to set up your DRAWS” but a conceptual document to help the more technical minded folks understand what they’re dealing with.

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems

Bernard, F6BVP
http://f6bvp.org
--
Si vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir d'informations de la part du projet
"Le chant des étoiles" de l'association Dimension Parabole