Re: DRAWS Codec Technical Documentation

Bernard f6bvp

Hi,

By default direwolf can only send calibration test signal on channel 0 using option -x

I submitted a patch for direwolf 1.6 making possible to choose the audio channel : option becomes -x 0 or -x 1

This gives the possibility to send calibration test on UDRC II din6, otherwise not possible.

Of course channel choice is also working fine with DRAWS.

Here is the link :

https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf/issues/184

73 de Bernard, f6bvp

Le 31/12/2018 à 21:12, John D Hays - K7VE a écrit :
Yes this is a change with DRAWS. Left audio to left DIN.

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018, 12:01 f6bvp <f6bvp@...> wrote:
Hi,

With DRAWS I noticed that PBEACON sendto=0 is sending APRS beacon on
left DIN6 (CHANNEL 0).

This is absolutely correct and in accordance with n7nix
measure_deviate.sh deviation script that sends modulation wav through sox.

However when using UDRC II modem and the same direwolf configuration
file, direwolf is sending beacon via HD15 plug.

If someone wants to send beacon via DIN6 when using UDRC II, PBEACON
sendto=1 must be used.

Is UDRC II CHANNEL inversion the result of a hardware difference between
UDRC II and DRAWS or a bug in UDRC II firmware ?

73 de Bernard, f6bvp

Le 31/12/2018 à 05:18, Annaliese McDermond a écrit :
> I have just posted the following article to the UDRC/DRAWS Wiki:

Bernard, F6BVP
http://f6bvp.org