Re: State of GPSD on boot and PPS2 #chrony #gpsd #pps

Annaliese McDermond

On Jan 1, 2019, at 2:01 PM, Daniel VE3NI <dgoodier@...> wrote:

This however has not resolved the fact that gpsd service does not start automatically on startup until I either issue a systemctl start gpsd.service or run gpsmon.

I believe that this is still under investigation.
If you haven’t already checked, make sure that as part of the GPSD_OPTIONS variable in /etc/default/gpsd, it includes the “-n” flag. It should read something like:

GPSD_OPTIONS="-n -G”

This line will cause gpsd to start as a daemon and to answer queries from outside of the Pi (if, for example, you wanted to use it as a GPS source for Xastir or YACC).

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
nh6z@...

Cheers,