Re: note about xastir and building from source #draws #aprs #xastir

Ken Koster

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 4:25:51 PM PST Art - KC7SDA wrote:

> so I found out about this problem quite by accident... if you run xastir

> that was installed by apt from the repository and you want to build from

> the source (for version 2.1.1 or later) you have to rename/modify/delete

> xastir.cnf in ~/.xastir/config to point to /usr/local/share/xastir instead

> of /usr/share/xastir.

You could also remove the old xastir and it's config files with:

apt-get purge xastir

That will remove the config files, then build and install xastir.

Or if you want to keep the config files build xastir with:

../configure --prefix=/usr

That will place the new xastir in the same location as the repository package does.

--

Ken - N7IPB

Email: n7ipb@...

JID: n7ipb@...

SvxLink Repeaters: http://pnw220.wetnet.net

PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056 122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A

“Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be;

and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.”