Re: Draws and IC-7000 #draws #ic7000 #minidin6

Basil Gunn

Hi Jack,

Just want to give the results of what Corky AF4PM & I found out this
morning. We successfully set up his IC-7000 to transmit & receive using
FLdigi Olivia 8-250 mode with the following config:

== xmit

* LO Driver gain: -6.00 dB
* PCM: -16.5 dB

The above settings are the same as for the ft-817

* DAC Playback PowerTune: PTM_P1
You must use the latest udrc-dkms driver (1.0.5)
This will be in the Beta7 image
or as root:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
reboot

== Recv

Make sure the preamp is turned off on the IC-7000
(P.AMP/ATT button to left of screen)

* IN1: 10 kOhm
We found that using the Discriminator receive signal was cleaner than
AFOUT.

We have only tested FLdigi with this radio so far.
See 'ALSA settings for IC-7000' in this doc
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/RADIO_APP_NOTES.md

/Basil

A quick follow up note. The setalsa-ft817.sh script does bring it close for
the IC-7000, working fine for 1200b TX and RX for direwolf/xastir, although
have not checked to see where the deviation wound up yet. However, with
fldigi the settings still result in overdrive and high ALC readings. The
alsa-show.sh script gave the readings as you suggested it should below.
Reducing the LO Drive incrementally to -6.0dB did nothing except increase
noise on the trace. Reducing PCM slightly to -15.0dB improved ALC some, but
any additional reduction pushed it right into the symptoms of the noise
threshold/ALC interaction I spoke of in an earlier post.