Re: #BETA7 performance report #ft-817 #beta7 #config #ic-7000

Tim Ciesluk

Hi Basil and Jack,

Let me preface by saying that I am very interested in the progress you are making as I too have an IC-7000. I wish I had time to test but we just had a newborn arrive in December keeping us very busy. You caught me by surprise saying you’re using the ACC port with FLDigi. I remember some years ago using Fldigi for HF with a West Mountain Plug&Play attached to the data port on an IC-7000. The radio was basically default settings and in SSB mode. I don’t recall anything special being necessary on the radio for settings. Just to be sure the drive (pc sound card output) wasn’t too much for the radio. This setup worked modes like JT65, PSK31, and Olivia. If I find any time, I will try to find out more details about that setup. I want to attach some details from the user manual regarding voltages for the data port and describes a way to test the input from the TNC that may be useful.

I hope I’m adding to the conversation. Please let me know if I’m not. I’d really like to see this succeed.

73,
Tim - KU1G