Re: #BETA7 performance report #ft-817 #beta7 #config #ic-7000

Tim Ciesluk

Hello Jack,

Thank you and I hope this baby learns quickly that it’s hard to function when he doesn’t want to lay down in bed very long.

I had hoped my photo showed the information about voltage you were looking for. It came from my user manual chapter 11 on Packet Operation.
Voltage 0.4 Vp-p (0.2 Vrms) recommended
0.2-0.5 Vp-p (0.1-0.25 Vrms) accepted

Measuring without an oscilloscope means looking for the red TX light to remain lit continuously while the TNC is sending test/calibration tones. Blinking red or remaining off; you should decrease TNC output level until the LED lights continuously. If the transmission is not successful and the LED lights red continuously, increase the TNC output.

73,
Tim - KU1G

On Jan 9, 2019, at 6:46 PM, Jack Spitznagel <@flyingfrawg> wrote:

Hi Tim,

To clarify one point from my rambling response to Basil, I just use the DATA port on the IC-7000 with DRAWS. What I was referring to was that the copy of the 7000 manual I have does not state the max P-P voltage that the DATA port will accept. Fot the TX Calc spreadsheet purposes, I was guessing that the info given for the AFSK pin on the ACC port (100mV) was going to be the same value for the DATA port.

I have the WMR BT Rigblaster which wasn't a problem at all to set up because it uses the microphone as its input so you can switch to headset mode. By contrast, the SignaLink which does use the DATA port is very touchy. The critical range on the TX level pot is in the first part of the range (7 to 9 o'clock) anything more than that is overdriven.

Have fun being Daddy! You only get one chance per kid. May this one figure out what "a whole night's sleep" means very quickly. I survived 1 of our 2 that did not. They are both great young adults now and you'd never know the one was a fussy baby.

KD4IZ
Jack Spitznagel
FM19oo