Re: #BETA7 performance report #ft-817 #beta7 #config #ic-7000

Jack Spitznagel

Thanks for sending that photo. I missed that in the packet section. So in my testing, that seems to be the case for packet on FM (APRS via direwolf) which has been working. Unfortunately when DRAWS TX signal has been at that level it was overdriving the rig in USB using fldigi or wsjt-x.
Jack

On Jan 9, 2019, at 20:34, Tim Ciesluk via Groups.Io <cetpctech=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Basil and Jack,

Let me preface by saying that I am very interested in the progress you are
making as I too have an IC-7000. I wish I had time to test but we just had a
newborn arrive in December keeping us very busy. You caught me by surprise
saying you’re using the ACC port with FLDigi. I remember some years ago
using Fldigi for HF with a West Mountain Plug&Play attached to the data port
on an IC-7000. The radio was basically default settings and in SSB mode. I
don’t recall anything special being necessary on the radio for settings.
Just to be sure the drive (pc sound card output) wasn’t too much for the
radio. This setup worked modes like JT65, PSK31, and Olivia. If I find any
time, I will try to find out more details about that setup. I want to attach
some details from the user manual regarding voltages for the data port and
describes a way to test the input from the TNC that may be useful.

I hope I’m adding to the conversation. Please let me know if I’m not. I’d
really like to see this succeed.

73,
Tim - KU1G

<image2.jpeg>