Re: #BETA7 performance report #ft-817 #beta7 #config #ic-7000

Tim Ciesluk

I don’t know if you have a way to measure the voltage coming out of DRAWS to compare Direwolf and Fldigi. I would suppose they would be the same. Have you tried adjusting the Mic gain? As odd as it may seem, the mic could be tied to the data port. I was reading the manual for the WMR P&P section on adjusting audio levels into the radio and it mentions this happens in some cases. Default gain is 50 and I saw that mine was set down to 30. Do you see changes with ALC when setting this very low? I don’t remember if you said what output level worked good for Direwolf.
Could you share your settings like power and in what position you placed RF gain/SQL knob?I would like to try to put DRAWS voltage to the minimum recommended level for pocket and use Mic gain control if I can get the chance. I’d also completely disconnect the microphone if this gain setting made any changes. Wish me luck.

Tim - KU1G

On Jan 9, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Jack Spitznagel <@flyingfrawg> wrote:

Thanks for sending that photo. I missed that in the packet section. So in my testing, that seems to be the case for packet on FM (APRS via direwolf) which has been working. Unfortunately when DRAWS TX signal has been at that level it was overdriving the rig in USB using fldigi or wsjt-x.
Jack
On Jan 9, 2019, at 20:34, Tim Ciesluk via Groups.Io <cetpctech=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Basil and Jack,

Let me preface by saying that I am very interested in the progress you are
making as I too have an IC-7000. I wish I had time to test but we just had a
newborn arrive in December keeping us very busy. You caught me by surprise
saying you’re using the ACC port with FLDigi. I remember some years ago
using Fldigi for HF with a West Mountain Plug&Play attached to the data port
on an IC-7000. The radio was basically default settings and in SSB mode. I
don’t recall anything special being necessary on the radio for settings.
Just to be sure the drive (pc sound card output) wasn’t too much for the
radio. This setup worked modes like JT65, PSK31, and Olivia. If I find any
time, I will try to find out more details about that setup. I want to attach
some details from the user manual regarding voltages for the data port and
describes a way to test the input from the TNC that may be useful.

I hope I’m adding to the conversation. Please let me know if I’m not. I’d
really like to see this succeed.

73,
Tim - KU1G

<image2.jpeg>