Re: JS8Call #js8call

Art - KC7SDA

so I did join the js8call group and told them that they need a gpio, the response i got back was to write a script and they might add it later

so the last couple of versions of fldigi had it in there, I think the repository version is too old but the current beta image here has the current build. here's my build script, it should work on any linux box but I did this specifically for this project, you can change the version number to get other versions, I have an update script that I'm working on that will update the fldigi suite (note you need to uncomment the last line in /etc/apt/sources.list to enable source dependency)

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
#grab any dep we forget:
    sudo apt-get build-dep fldigi -y
    # from http://www.kk5jy.net/fldigi-build/, make sure they are installed
    sudo apt-get install libfltk1.3-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install libjpeg9-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install libxft-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install libxinerama-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install libxcursor-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install libsndfile1-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install libsamplerate0-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install portaudio19-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev -y
    sudo apt-get install libpulse-dev -y
    cd ~
    wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/fldigi/fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz
    tar -zxvsf fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz