From: John D Hays - K7VE <john@...>
To: udrc <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Jan 15, 2019 1:46 pm
Subject: Re: [udrc] GPIO Pass through #draws

Ed,

There is no current plan for stacked DRAWS boards.

Many of the GPIO pins are dedicated and not available for stacked cards.  However, the DRAWS provides 2 four wire ports (Mini Din-6) and 4 USB ports (plus the 8 pin GPIO brought off the board to the exterior of a case) which allows for a wide variety of configurations.

Within direwolf, you can configure the 2 radio ports to provide independent 1200 baud and 9600 baud connections.  As we get better support for virtual audio ports, more applications can use these two ports independently as well as running multiple packet modem data rates on a single port.

Because of the Raspberry Pi networking capabilities, building up larger arrays of applications are possible over Ethernet/WiFi/... using multiple Pi + DRAWS.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:25 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@...> wrote:
Are there plans to have the DRAWS use pass-through GPIO pins so two units can be stacked?  This would allow 1200 & 9600 packet as well as WinMor and ARDOP to all run from one control point.

Just wondering as I am starting work though getting my station active using DRAWS instead of a PC or PI-TNC.
_._,_

Director