Re: GPS not working #gpsd #gps

Mike - KB0FX

Hi,

The Pi 3 starts posting under voltage warnings when ever the voltage gets much below 5 volts. I did a quick test running the Pi 3 and DRAWS Pi-Hat on my big 5 volt battery and see that the steady state current of both units combined  is about .6 amps. During boot it ran up to .8 amps. That said the best thing to, in my opinion is to use the 12 volt power connection of the DRAWS Pi Hat. This will insure you deliver a sold 5.0 volts with no voltage drop to deal with. I have found that there is a huge variation in the quality of USB power cables. The cheap ones have terrible voltage drops once you draw more than a few hundred milliamps through them!

73

Mike - KB0FX

image.png

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 2:59 AM oe8bck <christof.bodner@...> wrote:
Hi,

To get the kernel messages, the command is "dmesg". But this is only a snapshot, if you want to look at it 'live', say
"tail -f /var/log/messages".

I also used a 2.5A supply for the stack of Pi and hat. So maybe the 2.5A statement is some kind of marketing on the supply, because the mean value is ok, but the actual need of a Pi3 is not met (crest factor)

73 de Christof