Re: GPS not working #gpsd #gps

Mike - KB0FX

I was confused on the placement of the dtparam=audio=on statement in config.txt. It must come after the dtoverlay=draws statement as that loads the software that supports the audio.

73 Mike - KB0FX

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 12:23 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Yes, and it will continue to be true.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 8:35 PM Jeff Marden via Groups.Io <jmardensdl=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Basil & Group:

Thanks to Basil and others who commented on my issue.

After a check of power supply (OK, 2.5A) and a full format and re-load of Beta 7, I am now working; a little like Christof's problem and solution :-).

In my /boot/config.txt, I simply uncommented the dtparam=audio=on. In earlier emails (maybe related to Beta6) there was discussion that the dtparam=audio=on needed to be located after the "dtoverlay=" line, rather in it's default position before "dtoverlay". Is this still true for Beta7?

Jeff Marden
N1JCM