Re: #config Purpose of dtparam=audio=on #config

Brian Badger

Ed, (Inserting my opinion rudely)

An example would be the alert sounds played by YAAC when APRS messages are received or emergency beacons are detected, etc.  In my case I route that audio out to HDMI to be played out on the monitor speakers.
Brian N0KZ

On Jan 21, 2019, at 7:21 AM, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@...> wrote:

Mike,

Thank you. So this for getting the System Sounds out to the speak so one can hear the OS sounds or program sounds that are sent to the OS for user interaction, correct?

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

On 1/21/2019 8:08 AM, Mike - KB0FX wrote:
Ed,

The RPI has two native audio output sources on it. Those would be:

#1 3.5mm Headphone Jack.
#2) HDMI Port

You do not want to send standard auto prompt tones out the DRAWs TI audio chip set. So you would want to send them out a different audio interface line the headphone of HDMI jacks.

73

Mike
KB0FX

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 7:16 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@...> wrote:
So, what is the purpose of the subject statement in boot/config.txt ?

Is there a reason one would need to active that Pi Sound card from a
practical application stand point?

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ