Re: #wsjtx PTT on Icom 718 #wsjtx #hamlib #icom #flrig #kx3

Jeff Marden

Hello All:

Unfortunately, the Icom IC-718 has only two connectors that can be used for interface (other than the mic input and the headphone jack): The 13-pin ACC connector and the CI-V jack. The CAT7200 program (for the IC-7200 or the IC-7100) uses the USB interface of the radio to create a duplex codec for audio and a pair of virtual serial channels for control, including PPT.

Interfaces like the SIgnalink have a cable that will connect to the 13-pin ACC port for audio and PPT (called SEND on the connector). So far no 13-pin connector interface for DRAWS that I can find (yet?).

There are USB-to-CI-V interface cables available which could connect to the 718 CI-V jack, but unsure whether the needed USB driver to create the virtual serial port is available for Linux/Pi. If so, than FLRIG can  do CAT control.  There are of course Windows USB drivers that are used today for this. I don't recall if WSJT-X supports the ICcom CI-V interface.

Hope this helps.
--
Jeff Marden
N1JCM