Re: #wsjtx PTT on Icom 718 #wsjtx #hamlib #icom #flrig #kx3

Fred Meier <fsmeier@...>

I had one made by a ham in Oregon who was referenced on the NWD website just before the DRAWS.

From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gwen Patton
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:22 AM
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] #wsjtx PTT on Icom 718 #hamlib #cat #icom

Does anyone know of a premade cable I could buy, or the pinouts I could use to make, running from the DRAWS to an Elecraft KX3/PX3/KXPA100 setup? (I list all the pieces in case they matter.)

73,

Gwen, NG3P

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 8:10 AM Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:

If he happens to have the RT-Systems RTS01 cable for programming that radio, it is a CI-V cable. I believe RTS uses FTDI USB-UART chips...

Interesting that flrig recognized it by its full “by-id” designator. /dev/serial/by-id/usb-RT_Systems-RTS01_Radio_Cable...(etc, blah)... port0. It also calls the Keyspan dongle I use for the Yaesu FT-817 by its long identifier. I don’t remember seeing that in Raspbian Jesse or prior.

Jack - KD4IZ

On Jan 22, 2019, at 03:38, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

USB to CI-V cables tend to work directly on Linux appearing as /dev/ttyUSBx  (x being a number) -- no virtual port needed, then just send the CAT control down that cable.

I don't own or have access to a 718, so shooting a little blind on this.  I am referring to USB to CI-V cables that plug into the CI-V connector directly.  Connector 4 on the illustration of the IC-718 in the manual.  It refers to page 57

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 8:47 PM Jeff Marden via Groups.Io <jmardensdl=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hello All:

There are USB-to-CI-V interface cables available which could connect to the 718 CI-V jack, but unsure whether the needed USB driver to create the virtual serial port is available for Linux/Pi. If so, than FLRIG can  do CAT control.  There are of course Windows USB drivers that are used today for this. I don't recall if WSJT-X supports the ICcom CI-V interface.

Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender.

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC

--