Re: #ax25 Getting It Started After Config #ax25

Basil Gunn

Good News : what ever you did to the BIN files worked. The service has
started, the ./btest.sh -P udr0 now tries to send a beacon and LED
lights up. I have still attached all the output you requested
Ed, thanks for sticking with it. Linux systemd allows starting processes
in parallel using dependencies. What I think was happening was the RPi
3B+ was somewhat faster than the RPi 3 and started similar processes in
a different order. One of those processes was the ax25 device and it
didn't fail with the correct error code so was not retried at a later
time.

Anyway thanks for confirming that the current files work with the RPi 3B+.

Bad news : I have now learned that my cable has the wrong pin out and I
must get another one to connect to my new Alinco 135.
I have an Alinco DR-235 that I use with a UDRC II but the guy that made
that cable is no longer in business. I try to buy cables whenever I can
because making cables is not my favorite thing to do. Just an FYI I have
different cables for 1200 & 9600 baud for the Alinco radio and I remember
being challenged with a cable that tied the pins (Alinco 9pin 2 & 4) for
those bit rates together.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Thanks for following all my arcane instructions and giving good
feedback.

The DRAWS is a great product.

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

On 1/24/2019 3:01 PM, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ wrote:
Basil,
Thank you. I will work on this when I get home from work.
Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ