Re: #ax25 Getting It Started After Config #ax25

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Basil,

Thank you for sticking with this as well.  I take it from your mention of the 3B+ that if I had used the 3B we would not have seen this problem. Is this a correct understanding of your comment?

Les at Ham Made parts is already "on the case" for the cables. I will be getting a 1200 baud cable first with plans to have a 9600 baud cable should the need ever arise. I will be focusing on the HF setup when my next DRAWS arrives. It will also go on a 3B+. I have both a FT-450 and FT-897 available.

I would like to ask if there are other spots on the DRAWS to tap the LED on/off for each channel. I would like to investigate adding a larger LED for personal visual needs.

Thanks again.

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ "Freq" Radio

On 1/25/2019 10:04 AM, Basil Gunn wrote:
Good News : what ever you did to the BIN files worked. The service has
started, the ./btest.sh -P udr0 now tries to send a beacon and LED
lights up. I have still attached all the output you requested
Ed, thanks for sticking with it. Linux systemd allows starting processes
in parallel using dependencies. What I think was happening was the RPi
3B+ was somewhat faster than the RPi 3 and started similar processes in
a different order. One of those processes was the ax25 device and it
didn't fail with the correct error code so was not retried at a later
time.

Anyway thanks for confirming that the current files work with the RPi 3B+.

Bad news : I have now learned that my cable has the wrong pin out and I
must get another one to connect to my new Alinco 135.
I have an Alinco DR-235 that I use with a UDRC II but the guy that made
that cable is no longer in business. I try to buy cables whenever I can
because making cables is not my favorite thing to do. Just an FYI I have
different cables for 1200 & 9600 baud for the Alinco radio and I remember
being challenged with a cable that tied the pins (Alinco 9pin 2 & 4) for
those bit rates together.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Thanks for following all my arcane instructions and giving good
feedback.

The DRAWS is a great product.

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ

On 1/24/2019 3:01 PM, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ wrote:
Basil,
Thank you. I will work on this when I get home from work.
Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ