Re: Using TLA2024

Jonathan Magee

Hi Bryan
Thanks for your response. I have remembered about the 3.3V limit. I am modifying an existing swr meter and tapping off at the connections to the meters. I have checked and at the full output power of my rig I am getting under 1v so it should be safe enough (but must double check what I get if the meter is left in the lower power setting ...)

I have used pysensor .I am getting readings ok and my quick and dirty test seems to be producing sensible values for the SWR.

Thanks again for your help
73 de Jonathan GI7KMC

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 20:51, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Remember Ain is 0 to +3.3V!

Yes the kernel owns it uses lm-sensors

Type sensors from the command line and you’ll get the values:

pi@draws:~ $ sensors
ads1015-i2c-1-48
Adapter: bcm2835 I2C adapter
User ADC Differential:  +0.00 V
+12V:                  +13.62 V
User ADC 1:             +0.00 V
User ADC 2:             +0.00 V

Quick way to monitor sensors periodically

watch -d sensors

Updates every 2.0 seconds

Or to change the interval:

watch -d -n .1 sensors

Google pi lm-sensors and you should find some app info

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

On Feb 5, 2019, at 12:40 PM, Jonathan Magee <jmagee@...> wrote:

Hi,
I am planning make use of the ADC on the TLA2024 chip to read voltages from an SWR bridge. Is there any sample code on how to use it? When I try to access it in code (via smbus puthon module)  I am getting a "Device or resource busy" error and I think the kernel is grabbing the device. There does seem to be files related to it in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0 but I am not sure how to get control of the device for my own use. I assume I need to some how disable the hardware monitoring. Unfortunately  I am not up to speed on the lower level aspects of linux.

73 de Jonathan GI7KMC