Re: the magic smoke

Gwen Patton

The only references to "807 lm" that I saw reference a color temperature for a light-emitting diode. The form factor isn't even similar to the pictured device.

It looks to me like a capacitor. There's an issue with multi-layer ceramic capacitors that cause them to flex under various circumstances. Since they're ceramic, they can crack from this flexion. Here are a couple of related articles:

https://www.murata.com/en-us/support/faqs/products/capacitor/mlcc/mnt/0007
http://www.kemet.com/Lists/TechnicalArticles/Attachments/89/2006%20CARTS%20Flex%20Improvement.pdf

And a video on the subject:

https://youtu.be/QgKY5QWehME

It's possible that it's a resistor, and simply got too much flex from a pick-and-place machine, or thermal stress during soldering. I find the issue of component flex fascinating, even if that isn't what happened here.

73,
Gwen, NG3P