Re: FT891, FT817, Audio Levels, I/O Fail , and Documentation #draws #ft817 #hfmodes

Basil Gunn

I had to disconnect the the squelch pin in my mDin6 cable to get the
FT-817 to work. There are some notes for the FT-817 HF SSB based AFSK
and 1200/9600 bps FM operation here:

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/RADIO_APP_NOTES.md

/Basil n7nix

jgindc1@... writes:

Using the DRAWS hat, I have had good success with AX25 packet using a
Kenwood V71, for example, running XASTIR, or sending and receiving winlink
messages using PAT.

However, when I substitute my FT-817 for the V71, using the same cables for
data and rig control, the DRAWS DIN-6 connection appears to "short" the
audio from the FT-817 to ground.