Re: FT891, FT817, Audio Levels, I/O Fail , and Documentation #draws #ft817 #hfmodes

jgindc1@...

Basil,

Thanks for replying so quickly. Cutting the pin 6 squelch line did indeed solve the problem.

For some unknown reason I had associated the squelch issue with HF and did not check at VHF/UHF FM.

Also thanks to John and Brian for additional info and references.

73, John KM7LJ

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 7:22 PM Brian Badger <brian@...> wrote:
The advantage of cutting the black wire is that you can in-line a switch to restore squelch operation for non-HF modes.

Brian N0KZ

On Feb 23, 2019, at 8:13 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Or pull the pin in one end of the cable.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019, 18:46 Brian Badger <brian@...> wrote:
This is correct.  In order to work with the 817, 857, and 897 in HF modes, the squelch line must be cut.

I had asked if this could be done in software or by jumper and the answer at the time was that cutting the line was the only solution.

See msg 2079 — the SQL line is the black wire.

Brian