direwolf frame size #direwolf #ax25

jgindc1@...

I am sending/receiving Winlink messages using a Raspberry pi with the DRAWS hat. All is well as long as the messages/attachments are short, less than a couple of kBytes.

When attempting to send longer messages/attachments, each transmission increases in time starting at about 4 seconds then climbing up to about 14-15 seconds at which time I get a fail message - "Exchanged failed: read udr0: connection timed out". I would like to set a limit to the maximum transmission period.

I am unsure at which software level the maximum packet/frame length is determined. I have looked at direwolf.conf but did not see any reference to frame or packet length.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

John KM7LJ