Re: direwolf frame size #direwolf #ax25

jgindc1@...

Attachment and console output sent to your personal address.

John KM7LJ

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 5:26 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

I know of a timing problem in paclink-unix but the file sizes are in the
10k to 20k byte range. Could you please send the file you are trying to
send as an attachment to my personal email address, not the udrc
group. Also copy/paste the entire console session output so that I can
replicate your problem.

The AX.25 frame size is set in /etc/ax25/axports configuration file and
should be 255 bytes.

I only use direwolf as a sound modem. You should NOT be setting any
AX.25 parameters there.

Regarding Winlink message file sizes:

From a google groups thread (Adam KF7LJH)

ARES typically recommends no more than 5KB winlink messages. More than
than can risk your radio (and the gateway's radio) since the output
finals can get so hot because of the long transmission time.

Attachments are generally a bad idea with winlink. Keep it plain text
only.

From the Winlink site:
Message size maximum, including Attachments: 120000 bytes (compressed)

/Basil