Re: Betas #draws #setup #beta #image

Basil Gunn

Your direwolf config file is here:

/etc/direwolf.conf

Please cut & paste the console output of the following commands in an
email to me.

gpsd -V

cd /usr/local/src/direwolf-dev
make clean
make -j4

/Basil

Rico Abagnale <@RicoDG5BQ> writes:

So, now I tried to follow all the steps in „Raspberry-Pi-APRS-Tracker.pdf” and got stuck at section 5 beginning with „cd /home/pi/direwolf…” because I don’t have such a directory.
And still: I don’t get the two lines „ This includes…..”

Am 05.03.2019 um 22:19 schrieb Basil Gunn <@basil860>:

Basil, does the beta build have GPS compile switch turned on, it is not
default in the make

If you are talking about Xastir, it is installed from a debian package.
If you are talking about Direwolf, I treat it like a modem and do the
application stuff from applications.

From the direwolf doc it seems like if gpsd & libgps-dev are installed
before direwolf is built then it will build with gps functionality. That
is currently NOT the case.

To fix this, since gpsd & libgps-dev are installed, rebuild direwolf.

cd /usr/local/src/direwolf-dev
make -j4
sudo make install

Look for the following printed out at the end of the make

This includes support for gpsd.
This includes support for hamlib.

/Basil

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019, 12:09 Rico Abagnale <@RicoDG5BQ> wrote:

Hi Basil,

thanks for the update.
All commands figuring out whether gps works report a normal behavior of
the gps module.
However, when I tell direwolf to beacon regularly the position taken from
the gpsd, nothing happens. Calling „systemctl status direwolf” shows a
fault message that gps has to be configured first. So it looks as if
direwolf doesn’t want to use the data of the gpsd.

/Rico

*Rico Abagnale*
*Noldeweg 6*
*D-74372 Sersheim*
*GERMANY*
*Tel.: +49 (0) 70 42 8 12 42 45*
*Fax: +49 (0) 70 42 8 12 42 46*
*mobil: +49 (0) 171 45 10 711*
*@RicoDG5BQ <@RicoDG5BQ>*

Am 05.03.2019 um 21:04 schrieb Basil Gunn <@basil860>:

Hi Rico,

Thank you for sending the output to showudrc.sh
Everything looks to be OK for the DRAWS hat.

I just configured a new instance of Xastir and find the same symptom as
you do. I have a call into one of the Xastir dev's to see if we can find
a solution to this problem.
I also configured a new instance of YAAC and gps works fine through the
gpsd tcp interface with this app.

To verify gps activity from the DRAWS hat you can run either of these
commands in a console.

gpsmon
cgps

/Basil

Rico Abagnale <@RicoDG5BQ> writes:

Hello Basil,
here comes the output of showudrc.sh. It’s quite long…
After the listing you can find a screenshot of the settings for the GPS. I
hope that’s what you meant.

Many thanks for your help…