Re: #setup #setup

If you don't want to make your own cable, Ham Made Parts makes a variety of cables, including a Kenwood/Baofeng handheld to Mini DIN-6 cable.  I have not used this particular cable, but have purchased a different model from them before and they seem to be of good quality.

As far as adjusting the radio levels for your radio, you can use the radio manual to help select the right pin and values for your radio.  I have done a 15 minute video on using DRAWS™ Manager to set levels.  Update DRAWS™ Manager before starting, open a terminal on the Pi and issue these commands:

sudo systemctl stop draws-manager
cd /usr/local/var/draws-manager
sudo git pull
sudo systemctl start draws-manager

Then open a browser on the Pi, with http://localhost:8080  -- after the update, you will see a button on DRAWS™ Manager to do future updates.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 2:22 PM John Aboud <jaboud@...> wrote:
Hi, all. Is there a list of compatible radios that work with the DRAWS? Must the radio have a 6 pin mini din port in order for it to be compatible?

I currently have a BTech UV-50x3 and some HTs with the Kenwood/Baofeng two-prong connector. Will a mini din to eight-pin cable work for the BTech? And then a mini din to two-prong cable for the HTs?

Many thanks,
John Aboud KK6ZVQ