Cant compile fldigi on Beta9 #fldigi

Joseph Vilardo

The DRAWS beta 9 image comes with FLDIGI-4.0.18 installed. There are much newer FLDIGI release available so I tried to compile and install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 and that failed. I downloaded the FLDIGI-4.1.02.29.tar.gz to /usr/local/src directory where I also found the original fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz  The ./configure runs fine and doesn't show any errors. The "make" command produces an error at the end of its compile. I was successful in compiling and installing flamp-2.22.05.12 using the procedure I followed for fldigi.
I did un comment sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list and up dated the apt package cache with sudo "aptitude update". I also updated "aptitude install build-essentials"  and "aptitude build-dep fldigi"

Has anyone had success with beta 9 and the new fldigi releases?

Following the described procedure above on a plain Raspbian Stretch current release on a different PI 3B+ I was able to compile and install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 without issue.

I am looking for some guidance on how to get the more recent versions of fldigi installed and operating on DRAWS,

Thanks,
K3JV