Re: Cant compile fldigi on Beta9 #fldigi

Basil Gunn

I download the fldigi source from http://www.w1hkj.com/files
for the DRAWS image which has fldigi version at 4.1.01
What repository are you using to get 4.1.02.29?

I use the script at n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh to show the latest
versions of all the hf HAM programs on the DRAWS image. You can use
hf_verchk.sh -u to update all the hf programs to their current
version. They change weekly.

Before you build from source you will need to increase the swap file
size in config file: /etc/dphys-swapfile

Change CONF_SWAPSIZE=100
CONF_SWAPSIZE=1000

then reboot.
Verify swap file size with

swapon -s
or run
n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh -s

/Basil n7nix

Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> writes:

The DRAWS beta 9 image comes with FLDIGI-4.0.18 installed. There are
much newer FLDIGI release available so I tried to compile and install
FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 and that failed. I downloaded the
FLDIGI-4.1.02.29.tar.gz to /usr/local/src directory where I also found
the original fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz The ./configure runs fine and
doesn't show any errors. The "make" command produces an error at the
end of its compile. I was successful in compiling and installing
flamp-2.22.05.12 using the procedure I followed for fldigi. I did un
comment sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list and up dated the apt
package cache with sudo "aptitude update". I also updated "aptitude
install build-essentials" and "aptitude build-dep fldigi"

Has anyone had success with beta 9 and the new fldigi releases?

Following the described procedure above on a plain Raspbian Stretch
current release on a different PI 3B+ I was able to compile and
install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 without issue.

I am looking for some guidance on how to get the more recent versions
of fldigi installed and operating on DRAWS,