Re: Cant compile fldigi on Beta9 #fldigi

Joseph Vilardo

On 3/27/2019 1:30 AM, Basil Gunn wrote:
I download the fldigi source from http://www.w1hkj.com/files
for the DRAWS image which has fldigi version at 4.1.01
What repository are you using to get 4.1.02.29?
4.1.02.29 is a test release of the .02 version that has an added feature or features and not yet verified as fully functional. Dave W1HKJ makes them available for those that want to try them and report what results they get.

I found them here http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha.

I first tried to build on DRAWS  from the stable version fldigi-4.1.02 but couldn't get it to compile properly. I didn't know about expanding the swap file. I then tried the alpha version FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 on a standalone RPi 3B+ and the build went ok and installed without issue.  I then tried a build with fldigi-4.1.02.29 on the DRAWS ver 9 release and as I reported that failed.

Probably more info than you needed but I wanted you know the progression I went through.

Next I will try your suggestion and use the script "n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh" and n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh -u to update to the latest stable versions.

From a learning point of view I will also try editing the swap file and try to build the latest alpha of fldigi  from source.

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks Basil,

Joe K3JV

I use the script at n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh to show the latest
versions of all the hf HAM programs on the DRAWS image. You can use
hf_verchk.sh -u to update all the hf programs to their current
version. They change weekly.

Before you build from source you will need to increase the swap file
size in config file: /etc/dphys-swapfile

Change CONF_SWAPSIZE=100
CONF_SWAPSIZE=1000

then reboot.
Verify swap file size with

swapon -s
or run
n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh -s

/Basil n7nix

Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> writes:

The DRAWS beta 9 image comes with FLDIGI-4.0.18 installed. There are
much newer FLDIGI release available so I tried to compile and install
FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 and that failed. I downloaded the
FLDIGI-4.1.02.29.tar.gz to /usr/local/src directory where I also found
the original fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz The ./configure runs fine and
doesn't show any errors. The "make" command produces an error at the
end of its compile. I was successful in compiling and installing
flamp-2.22.05.12 using the procedure I followed for fldigi. I did un
comment sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list and up dated the apt
package cache with sudo "aptitude update". I also updated "aptitude
install build-essentials" and "aptitude build-dep fldigi"

Has anyone had success with beta 9 and the new fldigi releases?

Following the described procedure above on a plain Raspbian Stretch
current release on a different PI 3B+ I was able to compile and
install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 without issue.

I am looking for some guidance on how to get the more recent versions
of fldigi installed and operating on DRAWS,