Re: Cant compile fldigi on Beta9 #fldigi

Gayland Gump

I suspect that the amount of increase needed was far below what Basil threw out.  I went with 512 and even at the time was thinking that it was probably excessive.  Like I said, I suspect that 256 MB would probably ample and maybe even excessive but since I didn't try it at that level I can't confirm that it would work.  The practical impact of changing to 1000 as I understand it you are allocating about a 1 GB of storage on the SD card to swap space which I believe would rarely ever be required.  On the other hand, what do I know.
Gayland
KG7GCF

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 5:12 PM Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Gayland

Basil also said to increase the swapfile size. It was set at 100 his advise was to set it to 1000. I did that and the build for fldigi-4.1.01 worked fine no errors this time in the compile.  So now I have fldigi-4.1.01 working and will add FLMSG and the stable release of FLAMP.

Thanks for the help.

Joe K3JV

On 3/26/2019 11:51 PM, Gayland Gump wrote:
I just did a build on the latest stretch raspbian of the a current version of fldigi.  It was necessary to increase the swap space on the current system to get a successful build.  The default swap appears to be 100, I assume MB, I bumped it to 512 which was probably excessive, 256 might have been way more reasonable but that is just a guess on my part.

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 7:18 PM Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
The DRAWS beta 9 image comes with FLDIGI-4.0.18 installed. There are much newer FLDIGI release available so I tried to compile and install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 and that failed. I downloaded the FLDIGI-4.1.02.29.tar.gz to /usr/local/src directory where I also found the original fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz  The ./configure runs fine and doesn't show any errors. The "make" command produces an error at the end of its compile. I was successful in compiling and installing flamp-2.22.05.12 using the procedure I followed for fldigi.
I did un comment sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list and up dated the apt package cache with sudo "aptitude update". I also updated "aptitude install build-essentials"  and "aptitude build-dep fldigi"

Has anyone had success with beta 9 and the new fldigi releases?

Following the described procedure above on a plain Raspbian Stretch current release on a different PI 3B+ I was able to compile and install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 without issue.

I am looking for some guidance on how to get the more recent versions of fldigi installed and operating on DRAWS,

Thanks,
K3JV