Re: Draws image

I am suspecting the card may be bad -- is there any way you can burn it using Etcher on a Windows or Mac computer?  (Did you unzip it before copying it?)

If you try dd again, copy the command and output so we can see what happens.

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 9:44 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I used the same pny 32GB card i qas using before, just using a usb adapter rather than a full size sd card adapter.

As far as writing the image, i used the raspbian linux and the getting started steps provided.   The only exception is that for the write command, is used sudo dd.

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 21:36 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Please provide the exact steps you followed (program, SDCARD type/size, etc.) -- did you have the program verify the write?

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 8:05 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card.  When i start the boot, it won't boot to login.
The last line in the boot process is
[    0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS:  Unable to mount fs on unknown-block(179,2)