Re: Draws image

Basil Gunn

For Linux my command line looks like this:

time (dcfldd if=draws_beta10.img of=/dev/sde bs=4M status=progress; sync)

You must determine the correct output device name or you run the
possibility of ruining your workstation hard drive.

First I run fdisk -l
then put the uSD card into the reader/writer
then do another fdisk -l
This gives me confidence that I properly identified the uSD card that I
want to burn.

would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
line immediately after it's finished writing?
You could run sync following your dcfldd command, that also works. It
doesn't 'hurt' to run sync multiple times. What you should observe is
that ALOT of write data is buffered and NOT yet written when the dcfldd
command returns.

You could run dd. I prefer dcfldd
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)#Dcfldd

/Basil

John Amdor III <johnmxl@cox.net> writes:

Could one chain the commands 'dd [options] && sync' so that upon
successful completion of the dd command the sync command would
automatically execute?

John K0MXL

On 3/31/19 9:32 AM, Douglas KI7LIK wrote:
Basil, would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
line immediately after it's finished writing?

Douglas
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 22:21 Basil Gunn <basil@pacabunga.com
<mailto:basil@pacabunga.com>> wrote:

You most likely didn't do a 'sync' after the dd command.

Could you please ssh into your pi from another computer that has
email so you can
cut & paste the console output of your dd command and email it to us.

/Basil n7nix

Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@GMAIL.COM <mailto:KI7LIK.AZ@GMAIL.COM>>