Re: Draws image

Douglas

Here is the end of the write in terminal.

Douglas
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 15:51 Douglas KI7LIK via Groups.Io <KI7LIK.AZ=GMAIL.COM@groups.io> wrote:
when i try to run ddcfldd, it says command not found, even using sudo.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 7:53 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

For Linux my command line looks like this:

time (dcfldd if=draws_beta10.img of=/dev/sde bs=4M status=progress; sync)

You must determine the correct output device name or you run the
possibility of ruining your workstation hard drive.

First I run fdisk -l
then put the uSD card into the reader/writer
then do another fdisk -l
This gives me confidence that I properly identified the uSD card that I
want to burn.

>> would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
>> line immediately after it's finished writing?

You could run sync following your dcfldd command, that also works. It
doesn't 'hurt' to run sync multiple times. What you should observe is
that ALOT of write data is buffered and NOT yet written when the dcfldd
command returns.

You could run dd. I prefer dcfldd
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)#Dcfldd

/Basil