Re: Success

Basil Gunn

Jeff,

Speaking of beta10, does an "apt-get dist-upgrade" get me to the same place
as downloading and installing beta10?
In a perfect world yes, so NO.

If the following instructions cause your head to hurt then just download
the current beta here:
http://images.nwdigitalradio.com/downloads/

and follow the 'Getting Started' instructions here:
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Getting-Started

To update without blowing away your config files, to current BETA10
software from a previous image:

# As user (pi)
cd
cd n7nix
git pull

cd /usr/local/var/draws-manager

# Become root
sudo su
git pull

# Check for current versions of some HF ham programs.
# As user (pi) not root
cd
cd n7nix/hfprogs
# The following just displays version numbers
./hf_verchk.sh

# Update hf programs (this can take a long time)
# First increase the swap file size on your RPi
cat /proc/swaps

# if the size is 102396 you need to as ROOT edit /etc/dphys-swapfile
# Change CONF_SWAPSIZE=100 to CONF_SWAPSIZE=1000
# Reboot
sudo shutdown -r now

# Verify the swap size has changed
cat /proc/swaps
# Size should now be 1023996

# As user (pi)
cd
cd n7nix/hfprogs

# Update source files & build
./hf_verchk.sh -u

# Go for a walk or do something healthy.

# Reset CONF_SWAPSIZE= back to its original value & reboot your RPi

/Basil

Jeff Francis™ <jeff@...> writes:

Speaking of beta10, does an "apt-get dist-upgrade" get me to the same place
as downloading and installing beta10? I hate to have to re-install and
re-configure everything I've set up.

Jeff/N0GQ