Re: People receiving boards #draws #setup #draws-manager

Bob NW8L

This is controlled by the .desktop files included in the source distribution of fldigi and friends in the "data" directory and installed into /usr/local/share/applications. In these files the menu categories are given as "Network" and "HamRadio". "Network" is usually labeled as "Internet" in the menu, so that's where they go. There's usually no "HamRadio" category defined in the menu. In earlier times, when I installed from source I edited the .desktop files to remove "Network" and then edited the menu to create the "HamRadio" category into which they would then fall. If I didn't create the "HamRadio" category then they usually turned up in "Other", at least in Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Nowadays I don't bother and accept their location in "Internet".

Bob NW8L