Re: People receiving boards #draws #setup #draws-manager

Jack Spitznagel

Basil,

Sorry for unjustly pointing a finger! Please accept my apology and particularly my thanks for all that you and the rest of the NWD team have done to bring DRAWS to life.

I have been experimenting with DRAWS (and having fun with discovery) since the late November 2018 "early adopter" boards were sent out, so I have journeyed with the process of the pre-beta and beta Compass/Stretch OS distribution development, so things like this are no longer "strange" to me. Early on I was puzzled that in my non-DRAWS pi Raspbian installs, the fldigi suite and a number of other amateur radio programs are automagically put into a Ham Radio group. This difference may have been what confused Rick (before he explored the menus).

Again, best wishes and may this product continue to move like hotcakes...

KD4IZ
Jack Spitznagel
FM19oo

-----Original Message-----
From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Basil Gunn
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 21:07
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] People receiving boards #draws #draws-manager #setup

Might be a little counter-intuitive, but in my install of Beta 10 all
of the fldigi-related program icons are in the “Internet” drop down
menu selections along with Xastir (which is also on the X desktop).

I guess that Basil did not set up a dedicated Ham Radio group in his
configuration.
Nope I leave that up to the guys that maintain those particular apps. If you have problems with any of those apps or how they get installed please let them know.

/Basil

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

Join udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.