Re: Basic Direwolf question #draws #direwolf #ax25

Basil Gunn

Sorry about the delay. I finally got a chance to try it last night and it
seems to be working as expected. Not that it's likely to be an issue for me
but is that script limited to North latitude and West longitude? It looks
hard coded.
(Another) New version of beacmin.sh parses nema sentences instead of
gpsd sentences. Parsing nema sentences is less work to put into APRS
format & adds parameterized lat/lon direction.
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/commit/772431d2201a5e6f5a3af2771559d13a7efa817c

You are right this fix is not an issue for your location.

/Basil n7nix

Thank you!

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 6:53 PM Basil Gunn <basil@pacabunga.com> wrote:

Dave N20A,

I checked-in a fix to the problem that you reported with beacmin.sh.
Fix GPS to APRS position format: Degrees Minutes.m

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/commit/5821f4ff36b3ca976439c9325f484664476e839a

To get the new script:
I you modified the beacmin.sh script in n7nix/debug then you need to
remove it.

cd
cd n7nix/debug
rm beacmin.sh

# To get new script
git pull

When you first run beacmin.sh in may take some time to install the bc
program, an
arbitrary precision command line calculator. It will run much more
quickly the next times.

When you get a chance please run beacmin.sh and let me know if it meets
your
expectations. You should edit the script to set the SSID to what ever
you want. You should also set the beacon_msg string to use a different icon

Dave N2OA <kdcarlso@gmail.com> writes:

Thank you. I did a search on SSID so I missed the SID and thought it
pulled
it with the call.

Here is the results of beacmin.sh with debug turned on.

pi@n2oa-draws-1:~/n7nix/debug $ ./beacmin.sh
Read 1 lines of gps data
gpsdata: 43.01159
-78.189806667
lat: 43.01159
lon: -78.189806667
./beacmin.sh: line 52: 01159: value too great for base (error token is
"01159")
axports: found line: udr0 N2OA-1 9600 255 2 Direwolf port
udr1 N2OA-10 9600 255 2 Winlink port