Re: xastir not passing GPS data via GPSD #draws #gpsd #xastir #config

Good research and hopefully the fix proves solid over time.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 11:16 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Update from testing a fix provided by Tom Russo.

The code change for Xastir provided in Tom's "feature-supportglonass"
branch appears to fix the problem of DRAWS gps not working in Xastir. I
am continuing to run this version but everything looks OK.

A statement by Tom explaining the problem follows:

> I think I see exactly what the issue is here.  I am now reading the
> S1216F8-GL documentation at www.skytraq.com.tw/datasheet/S1216V8_v0.9.pdf
> more clearly, and realize that the table of NMEA sentences it supports is
> very different than the other devices documented in the same PDF.  That is, it
> does NOT produce GPGGA and GPRMC sentences, it instead outputs GNGGA and GNRMC
> sentences.
>
> And Xastir doesn't even look at those.

A big thank you to Tom for sleuthing this problem.

/Basil n7nix