Re: A couple of interesting tidbits #draws #xastir #wsjtx #pulseaudio

Jack Spitznagel

Thanks for pointing this out John. I will putter around with Annaliese’s instructions… Exactly why I bought this little beast in the first place! Since my most of rigs are primarily ICOM, it will be interesting to mix it in with use of the built in sound systems of the 7100 and 7300. Also interesting to learn if trying this is not going to overload the Pi B 3+. RPi are cheap, so the ICOMs will probably be run by a cluster rather than with the DRAWS.

I still am struggling with getting an appropriate drive level for using fldigi and wsjtx on the IC-7000. Xastir/YAAC does work on the 7000 and all programs I have tried work fine on the FT-817, but properly configuring the DRAWS and IC-7000 for HF digital modes has bugged me since early December. My correspondence with Basil and Brian about that is here in the UDRC archive.

Love to know if there has been any “discovery” made about this issue.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo