Re: Beta12 release announcement

Steve, N9VW

Basil,
Here you go. It appears that commenting out the audio fixed the problem.
Fresh burn of Beta 12
New DRAWS card, fresh out of the bag!
No other commands issued
The files xxx2.txt are after the config file change and reboot
Seems like progress is on the horizon

Steve

On 4/18/2019 1:19 PM, Basil Gunn wrote:
I am trying to understand why the Draws udrc driver is not loading.
Could you please get the hwtest.sh script and show me the results.
Specifically:

cd
cd n7nix
git pull
cd bin
./hwtest.sh

# Then edit /boot/config.txt & comment this line
# change
dtparam=audio=on
#dtparam=audio=on

Now reboot & run n7nix/bin/hwtest.sh

Bjorn Pehrson <bjorn@...> writes:

Hi Basil,

I seem to have exactly te same problem with beta12 and my answers to
your questions are

1: no, i only get

pi@draws:~ $ aplay -l
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
  Subdevices: 7/7
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
pi@draws:~ $

2.

pi@draws:~/bin $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ cd bin
pi@draws:~/bin $ sudo su
root@draws:/home/pi/bin# ./ax25-start
Starting: direwolf.service
Starting: ax25dev.path
Starting: ax25dev.service
Job for ax25dev.service failed because the control process exited with
error code.
See "systemctl status ax25dev.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Problem starting ax25dev.service
Starting: ax25-mheardd.service

..hanging, not terminating

On 2019-04-18 19:40, Basil Gunn wrote:
Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

Hi Basil.

Thanks for looking at that file. This is exactly what was puzzling me: Did
exactly what you suggested previously, rebooted, and when I tried to make
sure the AX25 stuff was being loaded, it turned out not. At that point (as
root) I tried to "./ax25-start" and it failed during the run with error (I
think I sent you that)
I need to learn what your problem is so please do not do another
install.

I do not have the console output of ax25-start after your reboot &
successful udrc driver enumeration.

1. run aplay -l
  - do you see the udrc enumerated?
2.
cd
cd bin
sudo su
./ax25-start
./ax25-status
./ax25-status -d
# Send me the console output.

/Basil

. Since I have previous BETAs running on both boxes,
we know nothing is wrong at the hardware level (except maybe my "organic
CPU"). Lets let my past reports "go away" and proceed with the following: