Re: BETA 12 with fldigi and flrig #draws #beta #flrig

Jack Spitznagel

Hi Basil,

Life got in the way of doing the patch you suggested last Friday, by the time I could look it over again, your instructions to run the following worked perfectly:

cd

cd bin

./prog_refresh.sh -u

# Will return with something like this:

fldigi:  current version: 4.1.03, installed: 4.1.02 Swap size too small for builds, changed from 100 to 1000 ... need to reboot.

The script detects the swap file size is too small & changes the swap file config file (/etc/dphys-swapfile) to a required size. All you need to do is reboot and run the prog_refresh.sh script again:

cd

cd bin

./prog_refresh.sh -u

This will download and build the current version of FLdigi Be patient, the build takes some time.

Thanks for tracking down the missing chunk. I did have to run the prog_refresh.sh script twice, then go back and reset /etc/dphys-swapfile to 100 from 1000 as you mentioned.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo

From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jack Spitznagel
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 19:23
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [udrc] BETA 12 with fldigi and flrig #draws #beta #flrig

Basil,

I started playing with fldigi - it configured properly and worked except...

flrig fails with a blank stare.(hourglass... then nothing) in the X GUI
When run from the console window see msg: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Shutting down for big thunderstorm... may get to it over weekend. Wisdom?
--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

Join udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.