SSTV on DRAWS™ #draws #sstv #experimenter

I have been interested in SSTV since at least the early '70s, and have operated it from time to time.  I thought it might be fun to give it a try on DRAWS™.

It is not included on the beta images, but for the experimenter (e.g. willing to build from code, experiment, and troubleshoot on your own). It is pretty straightforward to implement QSSTV application, by Johan Maes (ON4QZ).

I have been able to successfully print SSTV transmission with QSSTV, but due to station limitations have not done a 2-way QSO. I believe it will work just fine on TX, and would love to hear from anyone who tries it.

Starting with the manual, the installation section gives the steps to build and install from source (April 2019 - version 9.3.3).

Once built and installed you will find the QSSTV program under Education->QSSTV
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 9.51.57 AM.png

I have my system setup with pulseaudio, which is supported in the application or you can use standard ALSA and select the udrc soundcard. (Pulse Audio allows you to address the left and right channels separately. The default pulse audio is to the left DIN)

Under Configuration -> Sound within the application
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 9.55.19 AM.png
Setup CAT control for your radio under configuration.
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 9.55.19 AM.png
Finally, setup some common SSTV frequencies under configuration.
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 9.54.08 AM.png
And give it a run...
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 9.57.14 AM.png
--- Enjoy.