Re: Ft 817, wsjt #ft817 #cat #wsjt

Yes, the accessory port is used for CAT control.  Typically, you use a CT-62 type cable for CAT -- there are USB versions which work for the Raspberry Pi and FT-8x7 radios. For example https://smile.amazon.com/Valley-Enterprises%C2%AE-FT-100-FT-817-FT-857/dp/B0041LNISK

A couple of programs like fldigi and direwolf support GPIO PTT on the Raspberry Pi (which is wired to the DIN6 PTT line), others do not, so CAT, VOX, or other methods need to be used to key the transmitter.

This is true for applications running on the Pi ... it makes for a good investment for your FT-817

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 6:37 PM Richard Waller via Groups.Io <rewaller=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks John. Are you saying I need to use a USB port on the Rpi for rig control? I’m using the data port on the 817 to connect to draws hat micro din. Would I use the accessory jack for rig control?