Re: Ft 817, wsjt #ft817 #cat #wsjt

Richard Waller <rewaller@...>

Thanks Paul. Rick Ka4ohm

On Apr 24, 2019, at 11:57 PM, Paul Johnson <ve7dhm@...> wrote:

Plugged my Rigblaster plug and play into a Pi running Raspbian and
got the following for lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 10c4:814a Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. West
Mountain Radio RIGblaster P&P

so it is recognized.

Paul VE7DHM

On Wed, 2019-04-24 at 19:01 -0400, Richard Waller via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks John, that’s helpful. I have a rigblaster plug and play which
I’ve used with my ft 817 on a Windows computer. This question may go
beyond support for the draws hat but I’m wondering if I could use the
rig blaster for radio control in place of ct - 62 and route the
audio in out through the din plug? I read on line that the rigblaster
plug and play works with Linux. Thanks again. Rick. Ka4ohm

On Apr 24, 2019, at 6:33 PM, Richard Waller via Groups.Io <rewaller
=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

John, since the Hf digital frequencies are more or less channelized
I really don’t need rig control. What commands do I need to get
fldigi to operate GPIO ptt through the mini din plug? If I were to
use the CT-62 what drivers are needed for the R pi? Thanks. Rick.
Ka4ohm

On Apr 23, 2019, at 9:47 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <@john_hays>
wrote:

Yes, the accessory port is used for CAT control. Typically, you
use a CT-62 type cable for CAT -- there are USB versions which
work for the Raspberry Pi and FT-8x7 radios. For example https://
smile.amazon.com/Valley-Enterprises%C2%AE-FT-100-FT-817-FT-
857/dp/B0041LNISK

A couple of programs like fldigi and direwolf support GPIO PTT on
the Raspberry Pi (which is wired to the DIN6 PTT line), others do
not, so CAT, VOX, or other methods need to be used to key the
transmitter.

This is true for applications running on the Pi ... it makes for
a good investment for your FT-817

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 6:37 PM Richard Waller via Groups.Io <r
ewaller=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks John. Are you saying I need to use a USB port on the Rpi
for rig control? I’m using the data port on the 817 to connect
to draws hat micro din. Would I use the accessory jack for rig
control?

John D. Hays
Edmonds, WAK7VE