From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Basil Gunn
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 13:40
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] HF Rig Recommendations #draws #hf

Read ALSA settings for IC-7000
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/RADIO_APP_NOTES.md#ALSA-settings-for-IC-7000

Read ALSA Controls for setting levels
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/DRAWS_ALSA.md

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@frawg.org> writes:

While I have not made a cable for the 7300 because I don’t need DRAWS
for it, I have a similar issue going with the IC-7000 (and tried with
the IC-7100 with same result).

Early Betas, using FLDIGI and WSJT-X would overdrive the IC-7000
(using high ALC reading as a metric). Then using ALSAmixer, reducing
the DRAWS output would drop the signal into device hash noise level
before the ALC came down to an acceptable level.

In recent Betas – iirc after Beta 8, the audio is so low that I can’t
turn it up high enough to drive the 7000 or 7100 up to power in HF.

Strangely enough with Xastir/Direwolf, the DRAWS provides sufficient
drive. Not exactly sure why this started happening, but glad to see
that I am not alone.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel