Re: Ft857 and fldigi setup

Gayland Gump

Honestly, haven't used rig control yet.  I tried once or twice but never made much progress and my particular emcomm use doesn't really demand rig control.  As for a cable, I believe a usb cable to the programming port is what provides the cat control in my configuration.  I use the programming cable i use when I use Chirp to program my radio.  Sorry, if none of this helps.  I'm pretty limited in both knowledge and experience in this realm.

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 10:50 PM Christopher Warren <christopherlwarren@...> wrote:
That is ok.
What cat control are you using?
Do you have a screen dump of the window?
Thanks
Chris

On Wed, 8 May 2019, 00:00 Christopher Warren via Groups.Io, <christopherlwarren=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you for your prompt reply.
My difficulty is that hamlib is not communicating with my ft857. I tried all the combinations in the set up window to no avail.

I am receiving ok and the ptt also works.

Can you please give me a screen  dump of the window?

Regards

Chris 9h1bw

On Tue, 7 May 2019, 23:37 Gayland Gump, <kg7gcf@...> wrote:
I've been using a straight thru 6pin mini din <-> 6 pin mini din between my yaesu ft857d and UDRC/DRAWS for some time now without cutting any pins afaik.  The only issue that I have with this is that when this connection is in place I lose audio from the radio's speaker, hence loose some confirmatory sensory input as to when signals are are being transmitted and received.

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:28 PM Christopher Warren <christopherlwarren@...> wrote:
Is it necessary to cut pin six of the 6 pin mini din?
Why is this necessary?